Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yoga and Spirituality?

The Holy Ganges in Rishikesh
Ever since I started doing yoga one question was spinning around my head.  That question is what’s the connection between Yoga and Spirituality? Or how they are correlated?

After doing some research on internet and discussing with some of the experts in the subject, I found that Yoga and Spirituality are undividable. Yoga is not confined to doing exercises only. Its way of living life, it’s a thought process. In the west breathing exercises and Asanas  are only known steps to reach a high point of spirituality, whereas in India it is a subject to explore your inner strength.

While visiting to Rishikesh (India) I met a spiritual leader who told me that, the more you know about yoga the greater will be your desire to be spiritual. I am still trying to find out more clues and in my coming posts I will put forward some aspects which will throw light over, how these two rivers i.e. Yoga and Spirituality amalgamates together in the ocean of humanity!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting Running Green! I invite you to click the "Follow" button on my sidebar, and return to visit often!

    I really like your new blog here! I have added it to my Follow list and my blogroll.

    I'm a distance runner. The physical practice is great, so good for the body, and feels great for the tight muscles after a long run.

    However, the spiritual component is by far the more profound, and the discovery of this has really enhanced my life!

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vern,
    Thanks for adding me, I wish you good luck in your endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete